Springer Dog Exerciser, Biking with Your Dog
- Springer Leash, the bike attachment that allows you to safely bike with your dog.
- This unique dog exerciser can bring health benefits for you and your dog as you pedal and jog side-by-side.
- The device has a heavy-duty steel spring, situated low on the arm to absorb up to 90% of the force of a dog¹s unexpected tugs
- It does not include a harness. Please use a harness that is suitable for your particular breed. Do not use a regular collar which may injure your dog.
- Can be used on either side of your bike
Details: Offering easy installation, the Springer clamp can be attached to the frame or the seat stem of the bike. The Springer arm is secured to the clamp with a pull pin. The device has a heavy-duty steel spring, situated low on the arm to absorb up to 90% of the force of a dog's unexpected tugs. And that allows bike riders to keep their balance, while protecting their dogs from traffic, pedals, and wheels. FAQs Do I need to train my dog to work with the Springer? No, most dogs adapt to the Springer immediately. However, if your dog is not well conditioned, gradually increase your riding time over the first several weeks. What surfaces should I ride on? Ideally, you would ride on dirt roads, forest pathways, and other soft surfaces. Or, if you have paved bike paths with grassy shoulders available, you can ride on the hard surface, with your dog running beside you on the grassy area. If you do cycle on paved roads, just be cautious about the speed you ride, to protect your dog's paws. If my dog veers off in a different direction, will I need to adjust the Springer while I'm riding? No, with Springer, you can keep both hands on the handlebars at all times. The Springer keeps your dog gently, but securely, by your side, protecting him from pedals and wheels. If he does run around a tree or fire hydrant, the patented safety release will release your dog instantly, keeping you and your pet safe. Will the Springer work on my mountain bike? The Springer now works on most regular, touring, and mountain bikes. Should your bike frame have a teardrop-shaped down tube, you can now attach the clamp to the seat stem and use the adaptor on the clamp to lower the Springer arm, allowing you to create a better fit based on the size of your dog.
Package Dimensions: 17.9 x 8.2 x 2.0 inches