It’s almost time for Amazon Prime Day. Here’s what you need to know and what’s new this year.
1. What is Prime Day? Prime Day is an annual deals event just for Prime members. You’ll find hundreds of thousands of awesome deals, with new deals starting as often as every five minutes, and special offers across everything included with Prime — from music and video to reading and voice shopping. This year you also can shop by what you're into, whether you're a pet lover or gardener, techie or artist.
2. When is it? October 13-14, is the third annual Prime Day. Last year’s Prime Day was the "biggest day ever" at Amazon.
3. How can I get ready? Download the free Amazon App and never miss a deal. Go to "Today’s Deals" and click "Upcoming" to view all deals 24 hours before they are live. Then tap "Watch this Deal" and the app will alert you when that deal is starting. If you don’t have a Prime membership yet, start your 30-day free trial now.
4. What's new this year? Prime Day begins earlier this year. That means you can start to shop deals at 6 p.m. PT / 9 p.m. ET on October 1 You’ll find Prime Day offers on amazon.com and amazon.com/primeday. You also can start watching deals on October 1 — 24 hours before they are live. In addition, deals before Prime Day will be available to you, including discounts on Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Pantry, Amazon Video, Kindle Unlimited and more.
5. Where can I find more deals? Look for the Spotlight Deals and Lightning Deals through the "Shop All Deals" link on Amazon.com or at www.amazon.com/primeday. Prime Day Spotlight Deals feature top brands, popular items and deep discounts that last until the stock is gone. These deals have the most inventory and some of the best savings. Lightning Deals are watchable 24 hours ahead, but only run for a limited time with limited quantities. New Lightning Deals will launch as often as every 5 minutes.
6. How can I shop smarter? Set up Amazon Assistant on your desktop computer to compare products, find deals and track your orders. Learn more about Amazon Assistant.
7. Can I share my Prime membership? Yes. Amazon Household allows you to share certain Prime benefits including fast, free shipping, Prime Video and more with one additional adult in your household. Learn more.
8. Where can I get more information? Check out the complete Prime Day Insider Guide.